Running just as fast as we can...

In an attempt to get fit, I'm signing up for the Minnesota State Fair's "Milkrun". It is a 5K run in late August. All others interested in training with me or watching my progress are welcome to hang out with me here.

Friday, June 2

Tired.

So my 3 mile walk last night turned into at least 7 or 8. And then we looked at Amy's pictures from Equador (very pretty!!), and suddenly it was 11:00. So this morning's run was...challenging. I'm physically very tired today.

Actually, what got me through was the thought that I'd have to 'fess my sins here and I couldn't stand the thought of telling others about my lack of willpower. Not that anyone appears to be reading, but...just in case!

I did get a new pair of shoes last night. I went to the Running Room and told the young man there that I was new to running and didn't know what I needed. He had me take off my shoes and socks, roll up my pant legs, and walk around barefoot. From this exercise he tells me I over-pronate slightly. He brought out several shoes for me to try, and the rest is history. Actually came out under the budget I'd told myself I'd stick to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home