Running just as fast as we can...

In an attempt to get fit, I'm signing up for the Minnesota State Fair's "Milkrun". It is a 5K run in late August. All others interested in training with me or watching my progress are welcome to hang out with me here.

Thursday, June 29

oh oh the joys of week 4

This is the first week I've really ran every other day. Most of the weeks it was like 5 or 6 times a week. This morning I woke up and taped my arches before running. I always have arch and heel pain, no matter what I do. It's really one of the reasons I stopped being an aquaguide at the aquarium. I thought I'd give this a try. The tape is a little uncomfortable at first but over time it does it's job well. My feet are so pain free right now. It also helped with my shin splints.

The problem: athletic tape is really expensive unless I buy it in bulk so I'm not sure I'll tape the arches every day. For now I'm thinking I'll tape them when I run for longer periods of time or longer distances. I am very happy that I have two more days of week four before moving on to week five of the couch potato plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home