Running just as fast as we can...

In an attempt to get fit, I'm signing up for the Minnesota State Fair's "Milkrun". It is a 5K run in late August. All others interested in training with me or watching my progress are welcome to hang out with me here.

Thursday, June 15

Lessons about running in a sports bra

This week in Cincinnati I've been going over to a running trail I used to run at all the time. However, the three miles I used to do seems a lot more than what I'm capable of right now, also it's humid as hell here and I get very hot. This set of circustances has led to me running in my sports bra. Here are some important tips for anyone else who wants to try this:
  1. Your body can cool itself off much better without a hot sweaty t-shirt to contend with. (Helps with heat and humidity.)
  2. When stretching, especially bending over and touching your toes, you must wear your shirt. Take the shirt off after you stretch out and put it on at the end of your run before you stretch down. Otherwise the whole world gets a show.
  3. I find it's helpful to run in a place where no one knows me. This helps me feel less self-conscious about not wearing a shirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Cotton, I have learned, is generally a bad choice for running. It holds moisture to long. Other "wicking" fabrics get the moisture up off your skin faster and help it evaporate better. This is what I've learned. I still use cotton though, because it is all I have.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home