Running just as fast as we can...

In an attempt to get fit, I'm signing up for the Minnesota State Fair's "Milkrun". It is a 5K run in late August. All others interested in training with me or watching my progress are welcome to hang out with me here.

Wednesday, August 9

is the word for this plateau?

I can't do week 4. I did it once, on the first try even, and now I've tried it 6 times since and can't do it. Two weeks of utter frustration. Argh.

So, on Monday I tried just running without intervals. I did an 8 minute mile. Impressive time. Unfortunately, I didn't/couldn't run another step. No good when the race is only 2 1/2 short weeks away and I need over 3 miles of running to finish...

This morning I took Liz's suggestion and focused on going slowly. I ended up at about 2 miles (3 1/2K). Maybe this is the answer to my problem. I just used gmap-pedometer to figure out how far 5K is and I think I will start covering that distance everyday (it is actually only 2 1/2 blocks longer than my route this morning). Then my body will at least be accostomed to the amount of energy it takes to go that far. I can also get a better sense of my pace and speed.

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Amanda,

Two miles is awesome. Are you encouraged that you got that far? Did you get your Milk Run packet in the mail?

See you,
L

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home