Running just as fast as we can...

In an attempt to get fit, I'm signing up for the Minnesota State Fair's "Milkrun". It is a 5K run in late August. All others interested in training with me or watching my progress are welcome to hang out with me here.

Tuesday, July 18

my running update

I was actually better at running on vacation than I expected to be. I think I'm officially off the couch potato plan and now just trying to see how long I can stay running for. That's what the end of that plan really is anyways right?

Over the weekend I ran with my cousin Courtney who I never get to see so that was a totally nice visit. It's cool to talk to her because she lived in Zimbabwe, which is not Malawi but there are lots of things she understands about Africa without me having to say it. Also she and another one of my cousins live in California so it's nice to catch up on them.

Then I rode a jet ski on Sunday with another cousin who was determined that I should be riding balls to the wall the whole way around the lake. The problem: the lake was bumpy as hell. Anyone ever been bruised by a jet ski? Also, my legs are arms were really sore afterwords from hanging on and maintaining balance. It hurt to move yesterday. And then I burned myself with my hairdryer. Needless to say, I did not run.

This morning may have been the first morning in a while that I made it two miles. I am back to my slow pace. Courtney, who is in a triathalon and runs equally slow, helped me love my slow pace. I'm thinking at this rate I may have actually run 3.2 miles in a row before the Milk Run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home